This broccoli salad with yogurt poppy seed dressing is great way of getting superfoods into your diet. Broccoli has an extremely high content of vitamin K, which increases calcium absorption and benefits bone health. One cup of broccoli provides 92 micrograms of vitamin K, well over 100% of your recommended daily intake. Broccoli prevents peaks in blood sugar by slowing down the absorption of glucose and prevents excess sugar from being stored as fat. There are so much benefits in broccoli you may not have known, click here to find out.
Broccoli Salad with a Yogurt Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
Yogurt poppy seed dressing ingredients
- 1.5oz cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- Blend together yogurt poppy seed dressing ingredients. Set a side.
- Combine salad ingredients together.
- Toss to combine dressing and salad.