It's Friday. It has been a busy, busy week. Not that getting my business degree hasn't been a handful, but also I started my journey on getting my nutrition certification. Ever since I started blogging, I have been studying nutrition and how to heal everything through food. To further my education in culinary nutrition I took on getting certified in nutrition. The next three months will be busy and hard, but I think it will be worth it. Plus, I love learning about nutrition and organic living, so this will be fun and educational.
What healing benefits does this salad contain?
The broccoli has a healing benefit of keeping your skin looking young and healthy. This green is also known for promoting healthy bones and preventing colds. Moving on the the pumpkin seeds, these powerful seeds are known to regulate sleep and they provide a large source of zinc which reverses hearth disease. Rasins, although seem like just a topping, actually decrease the likehood of cavity and gum disease. It also benefits by managing diabetes and preventing cancer.
- 1 head broccoli
- 5 slices bacon (any you like)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Salt to taste
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium heat. Turn bacon occasionally until browned evenly. Drain bacon slices in a paper towel, then chop into small pieces.
- Cut off the stalk of 1 broccoli. Chop the florets as small as you can. Add to a bowl with bacon.
- Add to broccoli 1/4 cup raisins, chopped red onion.
- Mix salad with 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar, and 1 Tablespoon honey.
- Add salt to taste and enjoy!