It's Friday. It has been a busy, busy week. Not that getting my business degree hasn't been a handful, but also I started my journey on getting my nutrition certification. Ever since I started blogging, I have been studying nutrition and how to heal everything through food. To further my education in culinary nutrition I took on getting certified in nutrition. The next three months will be busy and hard, but I think it will be worth it. Plus, I love learning about nutrition and organic living, so this will be fun and educational.
- 1 head broccoli
- 5 slices bacon (any you like)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Salt to taste
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium heat. Turn bacon occasionally until browned evenly. Drain bacon slices in a paper towel, then chop into small pieces.
- Cut off the stalk of 1 broccoli. Chop the florets as small as you can. Add to a bowl with bacon.
- Add to broccoli 1/4 cup raisins, chopped red onion.
- Mix salad with 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar, and 1 Tablespoon honey.
- Add salt to taste and enjoy!