I was going to make this broccoli salad with strawberries yesterday, but I was too busy enjoying Mother's day. My kids made me all kinds of different cards at school, that I most likely would keep forever, and brought me flowers from the front yard. Hopefully your Sunday was great and you remembered your mom, and had a chance to visit her or call.
It is Monday again, and back to being busy. This broccoli salad makes a perfect lunch dish for a Monday (or any day), since it doesn't take up so much time to put together. I like the sweetness of the strawberries and the crunchiness of the bacon, combined with onion, raisins, sunflowers seeds and a powerful superfood, broccoli. Broccoli is packed with vitamins, especially vitamin C, which is a vitamin that I keep looking for in ingredients lately. Although you can enjoy this salad as a side dish, it tastes great just on its own.
Broccoli Salad and Strawberries with Greek Yogurt Dressing Recipe
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon raisins
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 Large strawberries, chopped
Greek Yogurt Dressing:
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- A pinch of salt
- Place chopped bacon in a heat skillet. Sauté till bacon is crisp.
- Combine broccoli, onion, raisins, and seeds together.
- When ready to serve add strawberries and bacon.
- Greek yogurt dressing: Whisk together dressing ingredients. Mix in salad.