I was going to make this broccoli salad with strawberries yesterday, but I was too busy enjoying Mother's day. My kids made me all kinds of different cards at school, that I most likely would keep forever, and brought me flowers from the front yard. Hopefully your Sunday was great and you remembered your mom, and had a chance to visit her or call.
It is Monday again, and back to being busy. This broccoli salad makes a perfect lunch dish for a Monday (or any day), since it doesn't take up so much time to put together. I like the sweetness of the strawberries and the crunchiness of the bacon, combined with onion, raisins, sunflowers seeds and a powerful super food, broccoli. Broccoli is packed with vitamins, especially vitamin C, which is a vitamin that I keep looking for in ingredients lately. Raisins will decrease the like hood of gum disease and cavities and also definitely eat more sunflower seeds. They are known for their reducing heart disease and also improving the skin. Although you can enjoy this salad as a side dish, it tastes great just on its own.
Broccoli Salad and Strawberries with Greek Yogurt Dressing Recipe
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon raisins
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 Large strawberries, chopped
Greek Yogurt Dressing:
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- A pinch of salt
- Place chopped bacon in a heat skillet. Sauté till bacon is crisp.
- Combine broccoli, onion, raisins, and seeds together.
- When ready to serve add strawberries and bacon.
- Greek yogurt dressing: Whisk together dressing ingredients. Mix in salad.