Sometimes celery gets boring on it's own, don't you think? So why not add it to your salads! And what better way to enjoy celery, than with buffalo chicken and ranch! Celery is great choice if you are watching your weight, it is very low in calories, just 10 calories for one large stalk! If you are looking for a relief either from join pain or stress, celery can help! It reduces inflammation, and is packed with minerals that will help you relief your pain. So add celery to your cart next time you are grocery shopping. A great tip to keep in mind when choosing celery is the darker the color, the more flavorful it will be.
What other health benefits are contained in this salad? Something I learned about spicy foods was that it lowers the incidence of heart attack or stroke occurring. For this recipe, if you prefer a more spicy taste, add more health benefits! Also, parsley contains antibacterial and antifungal proterties.
Buffalo Chicken Salad with Dairy-Free Ranch Recipe
Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 1/1 Tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon ghee
- 2 Tablespoons hot sauce (more if you like very spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch black pepper
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 romaine heart, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 cherry tomatoes, slices into fourths
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, set a side. ( Dairy-Free Ranch can stand in refrigerator up to 4 days sealed.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 Tablespoons hot sauce, 1/2 teaspoon vinegar, a pinch of salt, a pinch black pepper. Rub on chicken, both sides.
- Heat up 1 Tablespoon ghee and 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil in a small skillet.
- Place in skillet and sauté for 10 minutes, flipping sides occasionally. Take out and let it cool down. Slice into thin pieces.
- In a salad plate add romaine lettuce, celery, avocado, tomatoes and chicken. Drizzle with ranch and enjoy!