Finally! It's over! I can breath again. December was B-U-Z-Y! With anniversary, birthdays, christmas, family gatherings, office parties, new years celebration and a lot of packing and unpacking behind, I can now go back to creating salads. I was happy to learn from all the holiday events and cooking, I didn't gain a pound! Most of us will make a new year resolution that involves our weight or health, which it's always easy to keep. If you made a new years resolution, read in my recent post here how to achieve it.
This next recipe was an inspiration from a trip my husband and I took recently to Hawaii. Butterhead lettuce is a great choice for sandwiches and wraps. It is available at a low cost all year round. The dark green leaves provide more beta carotene and vitamin C than paler leaves. Combining it with protein like chicken is always a great idea. Sesesme seeds will provide you with heart health and balances hormones.
Butterhead Lettuce Chicken Wraps
- 1 pound ground chicken thighs
- 1/2 yellow onion, ground or chopped thinly
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons tamari sauce
- 1 Tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 butterhead lettuce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- Ground up 1 pound chicken and 1/2 yellow onion, if you haven't already. Set a side.
- Heat up 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a medium size skillet, on medium temperature.
- Add in chicken, onion, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Stirring occasionally, cook until chicken is no long pink (5 minutes).
- Add in 3 Tablespoons tamari sauce and 1 Tablespoon teriyaki sauce. Give it a good stir and turn off the heat.
- Take butterhead lettuce apart and fill in each lettuce slice with chicken.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and enjoy!