I have been learning a lot about cabbage. Might be a strange thing to learn about, but the more I read about it, the more I crave it. It really is a great detox. You might be surprised to learn that cabbage has more vitamin C than an orange. Cabbage is a great home remedy for headaches, obesity, skin disorders, constipation, aging, alzheimer's disease and eczema. This salad not only has the health benefits from the cabbage, but also the health powers from all the other ingredients that go into it, like the chia seeds and avocado, which are both great for your skin and keeping your hormones in balance. To top it all off, mix it with a dairy-free ranch dressing.
Cabbage Salad with Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 cabbage, shredded
- 1 stem kale, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 1/1 Tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons almond milk
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, set a side. (Dairy-Free Ranch can stand in refrigerator up to 4 days sealed.)
- In a skillet, heat up 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Chop 1 pound chicken breast into bite size pieces, add to the skillet with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir occasionally till chicken is no longer pink (about 5 minutes).
- To a bowl add cabbage, kale, avocado, tomato, parsley, chia seeds and chicken pieces.
- Mix salad with ranch dressing when ready to serve. Add salt to taste.