If you crave fried rice, try this recipe for cauliflower fried rice with mixed vegetables—it’s a delicious and healthy alternative to white rice. I actually remember my mom making cauliflower fried rice when I was growing up. Because my mom worked when I was growing up, simple meals like this were a must. Back then, I wasn’t too keen on how the cauliflower smelled while she was sautéing it, but I always liked how it tasted afterward. Now, of course, I associate that smell with a wholesome, healthy vegetable, so I actually like it. What’s also great about this recipe? Just reheat it in a skillet the next day and it tastes just as good as it did when you first cooked it.
Cauliflower Fried Rice with Mixed Vegetables Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cauliflower head, shredded
- 10 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- salt to taste
- Heat up 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet. Add cauliflower; sauté for 3 minutes.
- Crack eggs into cauliflower, add a pinch of salt and stir eggs till cooked. (scrambled style)
- Add in vegetables and soy sauce. On low heat cook all together till vegetables are soft.