We just returned from a fantastic trip to Las Vegas, where we saw Cirque de Soleil—a truly phenomenal and entertaining show that I’d recommend anyone see if they’re headed to Vegas. Another show that I really enjoy, and have actually seen four times with the various groups I’ve been to Vegas with, is the David Copperfield show. What incredible talent that guy has! Just when you’re blown away by one of his illusions, he does something else that tops it. He performs magic like no other magician I have seen, and I really like how he weaves a story into each illusion.
This next salad was inspired by our last trip to Las Vegas. For lunch one day, we ate at a new restaurant in the Aria hotel. I ordered a delicious chicken Cobb salad, and when I came home I was craving it. In case you need to satisfy your craving for it, too, here’s my version of a chicken Cobb salad with homemade ranch dressing!
Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe
- 1/2 pound chicken thighs, cooked and shredded
- 2 large eggs, boiled and chopped
- 2 bacon slices, sauté and chop
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 1/1 Tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons almond milk
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, set a side. Dairy-Free Ranch can stand in refrigerator up to 4 days sealed.
- Add all ingredients together and drizzle with ranch dressing.