Chopped salads are some of my favorite salads. I love to put everything into one bowl and mix it with a simple vinaigrette. This particular chopped salad was inspired by salad I ordered at a local restaurant, when I went out with my mom and sisters for my birthday. The red wine vinaigrette is really simple to put together, and I found it to be a great match for the ingredients in this chopped salad.
Chopped Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette Recipe
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 5 slices deli roasted chicken breast, chopped
- 1 large hard boiled egg, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1/8 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Red wine vinaigrette ingredients
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- a small pinch of salt
- a small pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic, minced
- Cook bacon in a medium sauté pan over medium-low heat until browned and fat is rendered, turning once, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to drain on paper towel. Let cool; chop.
- Combine salad ingredients together.
- Red wine vinaigrette: Whisk together red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, dijon mustard and garlic. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, and serve immediately.