Chopped salads are some of my favorite salads. I love to put everything into one bowl and mix it with a simple vinaigrette. This particular chopped salad was inspired by salad I ordered at a local restaurant, when I went out with my mom and sisters for my birthday. The red wine vinaigrette is really simple to put together, and I found it to be a great match for the ingredients in this chopped salad.
Feel free to add in more sunflower seeds if you'd like. Sunflower seeds improve skin health and they reach the top 10 list of food rich in vitamin E, copper, vitamin B, and phosphorus. Phosphorus is important for maintaining strong bones. It's function in the body is to strengthen and detox. The more high-protein foods a person eats, the better the body can absorb phosphorus.
Chopped Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette Recipe
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 5 slices deli roasted chicken breast, chopped
- 1 large hard boiled egg, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1/8 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Red wine vinaigrette ingredients
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- a small pinch of salt
- a small pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic, minced
- Cook bacon in a medium sauté pan over medium-low heat until browned and fat is rendered, turning once, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to drain on paper towel. Let cool; chop.
- Combine salad ingredients together.
- Red wine vinaigrette: Whisk together red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, dijon mustard and garlic. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, and serve immediately.