This salad contains just a few simple ingredients, but big flavor and its so beneficial! Refreshing cucumbers are great in almost everything, like this salad! They are 92.5% water and contain few calories. Like cucumbers, tomatoes are also low calorie and contain only few carbs. The red onion promises protection from harmful free-radicals.
- 1 long Cucumber (or few small ones)
- 5 medium Tomatoes (any kind, or many small tomatoes)
- 1/2 Red Onion
- Olive Oil
- Salt to Taste
- Black pepper (optional)
- Handful of fresh dill (optional)
- Cut 5 tomatoes into small pieces, place in a bowl.
- Chop 1/2 red onion and add to the tomatoes.
- Cut cucumber into small slices and place into the bowl with tomatoes and onion.
- I like to also add a handful of chopped fresh dill and add to bowl with the rest of cut vegetables. (this step is optional, and you could add cilantro or parsley instead)
- When you are ready to eat the salad put 3-4 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add salt to taste.
- You could also add a pinch of ground black pepper but that depends on your taste buds.
- Classic Summer Salad is ready to enjoy!