Yes I finally made hummus, all by myself! Feeling accomplished. :) I love hummus, but usually buy it at a local company here in Portland. I wanted to make it myself for snacks and whenever I am craving it. Yay! I love the simple and healthy ingredients that go into this hummus. Also, if you haven't already checked my previous post, Butternut Squash Fries you should, those fries are great with hummus.
Classic Hummus Recipe
- 1 15oz can organic chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves (1 if you don't like a lot of garlic)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup warm water
- Drain 1 can of chickpeas.
- In a blender (I use a magic bullet) add all the ingredients.
- Blend for 1-2 minutes.
- (optional) Drizzle a dap of extra-virgin olive oil, a pinch of cayenne pepper and cilantro on top for extra flavor.