A few colorful ingredients can go a long way. But first, how was your weekend? Mine was spent mostly at home, trying to help my husband feel better. He will be a keynote speaker in San Diego for a group of Instagramers this weekend, and he needs to be well. So we went through a lot of lemon, tea and honey the past two days, and many hours on the couch; which seems to have payed off. His company is launching a kickstarter project Hipture, where you can order your Instagram pictures to be printed and framed. Great quality I must say, and really quick service.
So back to this colorful plate of veggie. . . I have been thinking about this salad for quite some time now, and never got around to posting it. So here it is! Clean eating veggie salad bowl. I love the colors and the simplicity of this recipe, and that it's loaded with vitamins and nutrition. Yum!
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 english cucumber
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 stem fresh dill
- 1 large carrot
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- Thinly slice 1/2 of yellow, green, orange, and red bell pepper.
- Slice 1/2 a cucumber, 1/2 red onion.
- Slice in halves 10 cherry tomatoes.
- Chop 1 stem fresh dill and grate 1 large carrot.
- When ready to serve, mix vegetables with 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt (or to taste) and a pinch of ground black pepper.