We had these yummy bell pepper bites at our Christmas dinner and I just had to share the recipe! I love bell peppers with a filling. The filling has a more rich flavor when the bell peppers are baked. This colorful appetizer is very simple and takes about 30 minutes.
Bell peppers and your immune system
Eat more bell peppers because they boost the immune system. The immune boost mainly comes from the large amount of Vitamin C, but there is the most vitamin C in the red peppers. Lack of vitamin C in the body is called vitamin C deficiency and contain symptoms that include fatigue, muscle weakness, bleeding gums, and joint and muscle aches. A severe deficiency could lead to a rare disease, scurvy. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) men are recommended 90mg of vitamin C per day, as for women, 75mg per day. One serving of this recipe already provides you with 127% of your daily recommended value for vitamin C! Enjoy!
14 mini bell peppers, sliced in half
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon sriracha hot sauce
- 1/4 cu sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 turkey bacon, rendered and chopped
green onion, chopped + 1 for garnish
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together riracha hot sauce, sour cream, garlic cloves, turkey bacon, green onion.
- Fill in the cream cheese mix into the bell peppers.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of each half.
- Bake for 20 minutes.