You can't fool around with breakfast, you just can't! It's the most important meal of the day. Cream of wheat is not a trendy breakfast choice, but it has some great health benefits. Just some benefits of cream of wheat include: Rich in iron, low calories, carbohydrates- fueling your tissues and brain, it also is a good source of fiber and has a some amount of protein. And you won't get wrong with fruit and nuts: fruit is packed with potassium and fiber and nuts contain fats that are good for you.
Growing up, cream of wheat was on our breakfast table a lot! (It is so much better than cereal with milk) My mom always cooked it with milk and a pinch of sugar and that is how I continued to cook for my kids. But by adding fruit and nuts, it makes it so much more beneficial.
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 Tablespoons uncooked cream of wheat
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or to taste)
- 1/2 mango
- 1 Tablespoon blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tablespoon sliced almonds
- Fresh mint
- On medium-low heat warm up 2 cups of milk, always stir so your milk does run out of the pot.
- Add 2 Tablespoons uncooked cream of what and 1 teaspoon sugar. Continue stirring until it starts to get thicker; 5 minutes. Take off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Slice 1/2 mango add to cooked cream of wheat, and add 1 Tablespoon blueberries, 1 Tablespoon pumpkin seeds 1 Tablespoon sliced almonds. Add fresh mint.