This flavorful and low-calorie eggplant salad packs lots of nutrition in just one serving! The eggplant helps with weight loss because it contains no fat or cholesterol. Bell pepper, another main ingredient, powers your immune system by containing plenty of vitamin C. The carrots not only add a pop of color, but they also contain fiber and benefit your immune system.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 bell pepper (red or yellow)
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 small onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tbsp oil for frying
- ½ cup chopped dill or parsley
- Wash 1 medium eggplant, cut it into long strips, place in a medium sized bowl, add a tablespoon of salt, mix well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice 1 bell pepper and 1 onion and place into a different bowl. Grate 2 carrots and add to the same bowl. Then add 2-3 minced garlic cloves. Add 2 Tablespoons of white vinegar, mix the vegetables until they all are coated in vinegar. Cover the bowl and set aside.
- Leave the vegetables for at least 1 hour before putting the salad together.
- In an hour, drain the eggplants. Use your hands to squeeze the liquid out. Squeeze out as much as you can.
- In a large skillet heat two tablespoons of oil, and fry eggplants over medium high heat for 7 minutes until soft and golden brown.
- Place the fried eggplants into the bowl with the rest of the vegetables, mix carefully, add in chopped herbs and mix again.
- Cover the bowl and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving for all the flavors from vegetables to blend together. As I said earlier, the longer it stands the better it tastes.
- In 2-4 hrs transfer the salad into a serving bowl and enjoy this delicious vegan dish!