- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 bell pepper (red or yellow)
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 small onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tbsp oil for frying
- ½ cup chopped dill or parsley
- Wash 1 medium eggplant, cut it into long strips, place in a medium sized bowl, add a tablespoon of salt, mix well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice 1 bell pepper and 1 onion and place into a different bowl. Grate 2 carrots and add to the same bowl. Then add 2-3 minced garlic cloves. Add 2 Tablespoons of white vinegar, mix the vegetables until they all are coated in vinegar. Cover the bowl and set aside.
- Leave the vegetables for at least 1 hour before putting the salad together.
- In an hour, drain the eggplants. Use your hands to squeeze the liquid out. Squeeze out as much as you can.
- In a large skillet heat two tablespoons of oil, and fry eggplants over medium high heat for 7 minutes until soft and golden brown.
- Place the fried eggplants into the bowl with the rest of the vegetables, mix carefully, add in chopped herbs and mix again.
- Cover the bowl and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving for all the flavors from vegetables to blend together. As I said earlier, the longer it stands the better it tastes.
- In 2-4 hrs transfer the salad into a serving bowl and enjoy this delicious vegan dish!