This smooth Eggplant Spread is perfect on many foods including bread. Consuming eggplant improves blood flow to the brain. Eggplant, onion and bell pepper also all contribute to preventing the spread of cancer cells.
- 1 eggplant
- 1 red pepper
- 1 large onion
- 3 medium carrots or 4 small
- 2 Tablespoons of tomato paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of water
- 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Chop eggplant into cubes, the size doesn’t really matter because you will put it through a food processor later.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Chop 1 large onion, and 1 red pepper. Grate 3 carrots.
- In a pan heat up 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add in chopped eggplant. Stir until eggplant starts turning golden brown.
- Take out eggplant, and add in the chopped onion, red pepper and grated carrots.
- Sauté for 2 minutes, stir.
- Add eggplant back to the pan with the vegetables. Add in 2 tablespoons of tomato paste and 1 cup of water.
- Stir and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add salt to taste, I add about 1/2 a teaspoon.
- Turn heat to lowest, cover pan and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Take sautéd vegetables through a food processor or grinder.
- Spread is done, enjoy. This spread can stay up to a week in the refrigerator.