Some days I’m really craving some fried rice and orange chicken. Today’s the day. But healthier. Looking around a bit, figured out that cauliflower is a good subsititute for rice and it works very well in this dish! This is not your typical fried rice dish. Substituting the rice for cauliflower makes it pretty much a salad right?;) Although brown rice is a whole grain and white rice does not contain much of any nutritional value, cauliflower contains the most benefits. Like many vegetables, cauliflower contains a high content of nutition and vitamins. Many of these vitamins and minerals aid in weight loss, preserve eyesight and helps with digestion. Cauliflower substitutes for many main ingredients in a variety of recipes like mashed potatoes, this fried rice recipe or even macaroni cheese!
Why else to make this recipe?
Onions! Carrots! Let’s talk about onions. This special ingredient benefits your immune system and regulates blood pressure levels. Along with that, onions contain antibacterial powers. Why do carrots make the main health benefits list? For the fact that carrots improve your vision and promote healthy and glowing skin! Part of the reason for this is because of the large amount of Vitamin A in carrots.
- 1 head of cauliflower, shredded
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 16oz mixed frozen veggies
- 1/4 teaspoon pinch of sea salt (or to taste)
- Add cauliflower to a medium heated skillet.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add cauliflower to skillet, sauté for 5 minutes or until cauliflower starts to brown up; stir frequently.
- Add in 1/2 cup of chopped onion, sauté for another 5 minutes; stir frequently.
- Add the frozen vegetables.
- Stir everything together. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat on the lowest temperature.
- Stir in 2 large eggs.
- Add salt to taste.