Have you ever noticed that vegetables are never boring? I love that you can mix and match vegetables and fruits. Even just looking at beets, most likely you are familiar with red beets, but there are many other types of beets. Golden beets, for example, taste like the red beets, but they don't stain like the red beets, and your plate will give you a yellow/orange color to your plate.
This beet salad with oranges and kale gives a great example of mixing and matching ingredients. You will notice in the recipe I didn't use a dressing. You can if you want, but I found that it was too much since oranges have the delicious sweet citrus flavors and kale I sautéed in a tablespoon of oil.
- 1 golden beet
- 4 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups kale
- 1 orange
- 1 Tablespoon crumble feta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped candied pecans
- Bring to a boil 4 cups of water in small pot, add in 1 golden beet and cook it for half an hour. Drain the water and let the beet cool down.
- Careful peel beet, and slice it.
- Heat up 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil in a small skillet.
- Sauté 2 cups kale for 1 minute; stirring always.
- Arrange kale on a plate, with sliced beet.
- Peel 1 orange and slice it up, then add to the kale.
- Add 1 Tablespoon crumbled feta cheese, and 1 Tablespoon chopped candied pecans.
* 1 Serving