Don't you like how eggs can be added to any time of the day? I sure do. There is not always time in the morning to cook eggs, and sometime I am not even in the mood for an egg in the morning. So lunch is usually when I like to cook eggs. This green salad with poached eggs makes a perfect lunch with protein and nutrition. If you are tired of fried or boiled eggs, then poached is a great option that provides you with a source of protein and improves brain function. Combine it with romaine, and you'll get a low calorie salad and tomato promotes heart health.
- 4 cups water
- A pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low.
- Add a pinch of salt to the water and carefully crack one at a time 2 large eggs into the water.
- Cook eggs 3 minutes. Take out.
- Chop 1 head romaine lettuce.
- Slice 1 tomato and add it to lettuce.
- Spread around 1/4 cup of crumbled goat cheese.
- Whisk 1/2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and mix with salad.
- Place 2 poached eggs on top of the salad.
* some people add vinegar to the water when making poached egg, I don't like the taste of the egg, but you can.