These herb stuffed mushrooms make the perfect and healthy start to your holiday party. A very low cholesterol food, and packed with protein, vitamin C, zinc, iron and manganese. Mushrooms are also a great source for vitamin D, which could be hard to get during the winter season.
Herb Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 6 small mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese + 1 Tablespoon
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Take the stems off the mushrooms and chop them up.
- In a skillet, heat up 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Add chopped onion and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add in chopped mushroom stems and 1 minced garlic to the onion. Stirring often, sauté for another minute.
- Mix into mushroom stems parsley, dill and 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese.
- Stuff mix into mushroom heads.
- Spread out on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle remaining (1Tablespoon) grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
*makes 6 stuffed mushrooms