The Korean Style Cabbage Salad is a plate full of delicious health benefits and simple ingredients such as cabbage, green onion and garlic. Cabbage is for a healthy digestive tract which is good for daily excretion of toxins out of the body. The green onion, also known as scallions or spring onions, contain vitamin C and vitamin K which reduce the risk of bone fractures and osteoporosis. As for the garlic, it is a popular flavour booster as well as one of the main ingredients to helping you get well when the cold or flu comes.
- 1 Small head of Cabbage
- 2-3 green onions
- 2-3 garlic cloves
For the dressing:
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- ½ Tbsp salt
- ½ Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp red pepper
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Finely chop 1 small cabbage. You can do that with a knife or mandolin. Put chopped cabbage in a bowl.
- Then chop 2-3 green onions and add them to the cabbage.
- Add 2-3 thinly sliced garlic cloves.
- To prepare the dressing sauce, mix 1 Tablespoon of vinegar, 1/2 Tablespoon of salt, 1/2 Tablespoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper, 1 Tablespoon soy sauce, 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil, 2 teaspoon of sesame seeds. Add to the salad and mix well.
- Cover and let stand in the fridge for 20 minutes, then mix again and your salad is ready for you to eat! Transfer into a salad bowl and serve. Sprinkle with more sesame seeds, if desired.