Do you ever look at nutrition labels? I often enjoy scanning the nutrition facts labels of food items while strolling through the grocery store aisles—sometimes even if don’t need the item. I’m just curious about the vitamins and health benefits various foods contain. I thought some of my readers might be interested, too, so if you haven't already noticed, I decided to add a nutrition facts label to the recipes I post. Each label shows the amounts of the various nutrients the given recipe contains. But to further understand the contents of the label, I had to dig deeper. Read my latest post to find out why the labels were created in the first place, and what nutritional information each section of today’s version of the label provides click here.
Mixed Garden Salad with Dairy-free Ranch Dressing Recipe
Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro (or parsley)
- 1/1 Tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons almond milk
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 romaine heart lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, sliced quarterly
- 1/2 english cucumber, sliced quarterly
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup cheder cheese, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- Blend dressing ingredients together. Set a side.
- Sauté bacon in a skillet unit crispy. Pat down with a paper towel.
- Combine salad ingredient together.
- Gently drizzle dairy-free ranch dressing with salad.