Low calorie Mushroom Crostini can be made with any kinds of mushrooms. Did you know mushrooms improve nutrition and promote better diet quality? Its also easy to make and can be enjoyed during any meal.
- 1 baguette bread, sliced diagonally
- 1 pound of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of chopped dill, fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp of mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- Salt to taste
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Into the skillet, add diced onion and thinly sliced mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes until onion is soft and mushrooms lightly browned.
- Remove from heat
- Transfer mushrooms and onions into a bowl and let it stand for 5 minutes until slightly cooled.
- Now, add minced garlic, chopped dill, pinch of salt, mayonnaise, and mix well.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture on each slice of bread and arrange the bread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes at 375 F until bread is nice and crispy and slightly golden on the edges.
Serve for breakfast or lunch, or as an appetizer.