- 1 baguette bread, sliced diagonally
- 1 pound of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of chopped dill, fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp of mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp of butter
- Salt to taste
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Into the skillet, add diced onion and thinly sliced mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes until onion is soft and mushrooms lightly browned.
- Remove from heat
- Transfer mushrooms and onions into a bowl and let it stand for 5 minutes until slightly cooled.
- Now, add minced garlic, chopped dill, pinch of salt, mayonnaise, and mix well.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture on each slice of bread and arrange the bread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes at 375 F until bread is nice and crispy and slightly golden on the edges.
Serve for breakfast or lunch, or as an appetizer.