Do you love quinoa? I sure do. It's so easy to cook and light on your body. Quinoa is high is fiber and protein, which is something I look for when grocery shopping. Protein and fiber keep my digestion system working well. I love how quinoa can be paired with just about anything, sweet or sour and it still tastes amazing!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound mushrooms
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- Cook quinoa by adding 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup quinoa to a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low add a pinch of salt and simmer until water is gone. Fluffy quinoa with a fork.
- Heat up a skillet, add 2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Chop 1/2 yellow onion, as soon as mushroom start getting a darker color add in the onions. Stir and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Slice red, green and yellow bell peppers, add to the mushrooms. Sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add in 2 Tablespoon teriyaki sauce (I use the gluten-free). Give all a good stir and transfer on a serving plate along with cooked quinoa.