If you are still craving sweets after the holidays this is the perfect salad for you. And It won't make you put on an extra pound. Just 1 cup of chopped raw purple cabbage cabbage contains only 28 calories. This beautiful purple cabbage is a great for keeping your bones strong and healthy. It also helps your body develop resistance against infections. Cabbage in general is a great to add to your diet due to its good source of many essential vitamins like calcium, potassium, manganese, iron and manganese, which can help control blood pressure and control the heart rate.
Purple Cabbage with Mandarins and Walnuts Recipe
- 1/2 purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 3 mandarins, peeled
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Mix shredded cabbage, 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 Tablespoon honey, a pinch of salt, pepper and 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add mandarin slices and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
- Add salt to taste.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped dill and enjoy.