Do you eat chickpeas? Growing up I don't remember my mom using chickpeas in the kitchen. It wasn't till I met my in-laws and had dinner over at their house, I tried chickpeas for the first time. Ever since I have been loving chickpeas.
Why should you incorporate chickpeas into your diet?
Because chickpeas have healthy benefits. They help with weight-control, digestion, inflammation, cholesterol level, and help with blood, bone and heart health. Try chickpeas in a quinoa chickpea salad!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Combine 1 cup cooked quinoa, 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas, 5 sliced cherry tomatoes, chopped 1/4 of red onion, chopped avocado, 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley.
- Dressing: Whisk together 2 teaspoons dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Stir in with quinoa, add salt to your taste.