This week has surely gone by fast; it's already Friday. This weekend is my dad's sixtieth birthday, crazy how time flies. Thirty more years and I'll be that age, oh my!
One of the great things about fall is the mushrooms; I love mushrooms. I wish I could go and pick them, but I just can't get myself to do that. So I am glad there is a variety of mushrooms in the local grocery markets. You can enjoy this quinoa and mushroom recipe with any mushrooms. Quinoa is great for your health, and it's a versatile ingredient.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 pd chanterelle mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Large eggs
- A pinch of salt
- Bring to a bowl 2 cups of water and 1 cup washed quinoa. Close lid and turn heat on low. Cook until the water is all gone, fluff with a fork.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet, slice 1 pound chanterelle mushrooms and add to the skillet. Occasionally stirring for two minutes, or until mushrooms start to brown up.
- Add 1 minced garlic clove and a pinch of salt.
- Crack two large eggs into the skillet, and stir to get scrambled eggs.
- Add mushrooms to quinoa with 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley, and juice from 1/2 a lemon. (add salt to taste)