Each part of the food rainbow contains their own benefits. Red fruits and vegetables, the first color in the rainbow, protects our body from harmful free-radicals which can damage our cells, protein and DNA. Red fruits and vegetables also protect the heart from heart disease.
- 2 medium sized raw beets
- 2 cups cooked red kidney beans
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 3-4 tablespoons of sauerkraut cabbage
- Handful of fresh dill
- Sea salt to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- In a pot filled with water, boil 2 red beets, 2 potatoes, 2 carrots. Until cooked all the way.
- After vegetables are cooked and cooled down, chopped beets, carrots, and potatoes into a medium sized bowl.
- Also chop and add to the bowl 1/2 red onion, and 2 cups of cooked red kidney beans.
- When ready to serve add in 3-4 tablespoon of sauerkraut cabbage.
- Chop a handful of fresh dill, add to bowl.
- Mix with 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt to taste.
- Ready to enjoy this healthy and vegan vegetable salad!