Are you feeling like you are running out of energy? Tired and weak? If so, you may not be getting enough iron. I am loving this chickpea salad with so many flavors and health benefits. This salad was inspired by a trip to Canada I took this past weekend. Chickpeas have many health benefits, and one big vitamin you can get out of chickpeas is the high source of iron. Iron is important for making enough healthy oxygen-carrying red blood cells. Without the healthy blood cells, the body can't get enough oxygen. Other than the great benefits of iron, this salad is filled with green veggies that will benefit your overall health and keep you feeling great!
Roasted Chickpeas with Greens Salad Recipe
- 1 can (14oz) organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 english cucumber, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A pinch pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix together chickpeas, 1/4 t. paprika, 1/4 t. cumin, a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Spread out on a baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Combine romaine, bell pepper, avocado, dill, cucumber and roasted chickpeas together.
- Toss salad with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy.