It is that time of year again, when pots and pans are used often. I personally like the simple, quick and easy recipes. Like this roasted potatoes with turkey and mushrooms. How much can a person really eat in one sitting? or should eat? Not much. Keep in mind the "Hara hachi bun me" rule, which means to eat until you are 80% full. What a good rule to keep in mind this holiday season.
Roasted Potatoes with Turkey and Mushrooms
- 1 pound yukon small potatoes
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil + 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon salt + 1/8 teaspoon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 slices chopped turkey bacon
- 1 pound sliced white mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 stems green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Wash and chop 1 pound of yukon potatoes into fourths. Place into an oven safe dish.
- Drizzle potatoes with 2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Place in the oven for 35 minutes, uncovered.
- Meanwhile, sauté chopped bacon for 1 minute.
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt and sliced mushrooms.
- Stirring occasionally, sauté till mushrooms start giving the nice brown color. (3 minute)
- Add 1 minced garlic clove, cook for one more minute.
- When potatoes are ready, stir in mushroom and bacon mix.
- Garnish with chopped dill and green onion.