It's still zucchini season, so you should be enjoying this green summer squash. You may ask why, so I'll just explain. Zucchini is low in fat and sodium, it is a great source for fiber, protein and vitamin A, C and B6. Are you feeling tired or just no energy to do anything? Zucchini has healthy benefits that can help you feeling like yourself again. This Roasted Tuscan Zucchini recipe is a great and fast way to incorporate zucchini into your diet.
But the small ingredients in this recipe matter too. For example, garlic is good for boosting your immune system and eating when you're sick! And black pepper contains weightloss and antibacterial benefits.
- 2 zucchini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Tuscan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Slice 2 zucchini into wedges.
- In a bowl combine 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper and 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.
- Toss sliced zucchini in oil mixture, then arrange on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle shredded or grated 1/2 cup Tuscan cheese.
- Roast zucchini on middle rack for 15 minutes, then broil for 4 minutes.