It's still Zucchini season, so you should be enjoying this green summer squash. You may ask why, so I'll just explain. Zucchini is low in fat and sodium, it is a great source for fiber, protein and vitamin A, C and B6. Are you feeling tired or just no energy to do anything? Zucchini has healthy benefits that can help you feeling like yourself again. This roasted Tuscan zucchini is a great and fast way to incorporate zucchini into your diet.
- 2 zucchini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Tuscan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Slice 2 zucchini into wedges.
- In a bowl combine 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper and 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.
- Toss sliced zucchini in oil mixture, then arrange on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle shredded or grated 1/2 cup Tuscan cheese.
- Roast zucchini on middle rack for 15 minutes, then broil for 4 minutes.