Pan-seared salmon with a creamy, garlicky butter sauce is a deliciously easy salmon recipe that can be ready in minutes! Searing salmon in a hot pan is one of my family’s favorite ways to eat salmon, and this recipe is one I make often for us. The butter sauce is a must try! It’s a delicious combination of cheese, cream, garlic, butter, spinach, and herbs. I promise you it’s sooo good!
When I asked my sister if she knows a good salmon recipe (since her husband goes fishing for salmon A LOT) this is the recipe she gave me. It’s delicious, and you can’t go wrong with it.
What you can serve with Seared Salmon with creamy sauce?
I have served this dish with couscous, pearl couscous, mashed potatoes, rice, and sometimes just on its own. Simple, everyday ingredients produce maximum taste while allowing the flavor of salmon to gleam through and taste delicious. You really can’t go wrong with this recipe. It comes together fast, making it perfect for any night of the week.
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
4 (6oz) salmon fillets
ground black pepper
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup half & half
1/4 cup parmesan, shredded
1/4 cup fresh parsley and dill
1/2 lemon, for serving
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Sear salmon on both sides, about 4 minutes each side. It should have a golden color. Remove the salmon from the skillet.
2. Reduce the heat to medium and add butter. As soon as the butter has melted add the garlic, stir for one minute, and then add the tomatoes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, then add spinach. Cook until spinach wilts.
3. Stir in half & half, parmesan cheese, and herbs. Cook for another 4 minutes.
4. Add salmon back into the skillet. On low heat, simmer for another 5 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
5. Squeeze lemon onto salmon.
6. Garnish with more herbs if desired when serving.
Recipe inspired by Delish.