It has been extremely busy these weeks. Holidays, family and the last couple weeks of school has all piled on top. I feel like I have everything under control, but it seems like there is always something adding on to my schedule. This salad however, has been on my to do list for a few weeks now, and I finally got around to posting it. If you love shrimp, then this is a perfect salad to take with you to work for lunch. Shrimp is filled a good source of protein, vitamin b12 (help with memory loss) , selenium (keeping healthy immune system). Grapefruit is another ingredient that contains an abundance of health. The vitamin C in grapefruit fights skin cancer and because of the vitamin A, skin is healthy and hydrated. Cilantro contains vitamin A also and has 16% of the recommended value of vitamin K which is needed for bone health.
Shrimp Salad with Spinach, Avocado and Grapefruit with Cilantro Dressing
Cilantro Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minched
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 pound raw shrimp
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- Add dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together, set a side
- Heat up medium skillet, add 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 pound peeled shrimp.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Sauté shrimp for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add spinach, avocado, grapefruit and shrimp to a salad plate and drizzle cilantro dressing on top.