This beautiful dish is not only full of fresh, delicious ingredients, but also benefits! One of the top three benefits of mushrooms is that it provides fiber and very beneficial to diabetics. On the other hand, onion builds collagen which provides structure to hair and skin, making them strong and healthy. Consuming olive oil provides your body with healthy fat: monounsaturated fat.
- 1 pound of mushrooms (any kind would work, I use the white ones more often)
- 1 small onion, or 1/2 of a large one
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Wash mushrooms very gently and quick.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Chop up 1 onion, very thinly.
- In a pan, add 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add in your sliced mushrooms, stirring occasionally sauté the mushrooms.
- Salt to taste, I add about 1/4 teaspoon.
- As soon as mushrooms start to get browned up add in chopped onion.
- Stir and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- All done, ready to eat. Serve warm.