Don't pass up the black (technically dark-purple color) fruit that is in this salad! Yes, an olive is considered a fruit. Olives are an excellent source of iron, vitamin A, fiber and calcium. You can enjoy olives as a snack, or add them to a salad like this one. The kalamata olives give a greek taste to the salad and provide just enough tangy-fruity flavor. I like this salad because you can add it to any protein, and it has the many nutritional benefits from the fresh ingredients.
Spinach and Avocado with Greek Salad Flavors
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 english cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup kalamata olives, drained from can
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- Combine all ingredients together. Enjoy!