Simple stuffed eggs add a classic but delicious plate to your menu. Eggs are a good, inexpensive source of protein. The yolk and egg white have their own health benefits. The egg white is packed with vitamin D, B12 and B6. More than half the protein is in the egg white. As for the yolk, it contains more fat and calories and is the source of cholesterol. The yolk contains vitamin A, D, K, and E. Eggs are packed with nine amino acids which are essential to our bodies everyday. To top off the benefits, dill comes packed with calcium which provide bone health. Dill also helps with oral health, digestion and keeping you relaxed.
- 6 eggs
- Half a cup of chopped dill (fresh or frozen)
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon of Mayonnaise
- Pinch of salt
- First thing you’ll need to do is to hard boil eggs. (put them in a small pot, pour in cold water, close the lid, bring to boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes)
- When the eggs are cooked, place them in cold water to cool down, then take shell off and cut in half lengthwise.
- Gently remove egg yolks into a plate or small bowl.
- Mash the yolks and add minced garlic, chopped dill, mayo and salt.
- Mix until you have a smooth mixture.
- With a spoon or a small Ziploc bag (just cut off the tip) place the mixture back into egg white halves.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to eat. Enjoy!