I used red quinoa in this sun-dried tomato and quinoa almond salad, but you can use any color quinoa. You may or may not know that quinoa comes in three main varieties: red, black and white. You may be more familiar with the regular (white) quinoa, but no matter what color you choose, you will be getting a load of nutritional benefits. Quinoa is high in protein and fiber, the two vitamins I look for in my daily diet.
Sun-Dried Tomato with Quinoa and Almonds Salad recipe
- 1/2 cup red quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drain and chop
- 1 small bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Bring 1/2 cup of quinoa and 1 cup of water to boil, in a small pot. Turn temperature to the lowest and cook until the water is gone. Fluff with a fork.
- In a small skillet, heat up 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Add onion and cook on medium-low until onion is clear. (about 2 minutes)
- Combine cooked quinoa, onion and the rest of the ingredients together.
- Salt and pepper to taste.