Whats so 'super' about this Superfood Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing? Superfoods are plant based foods that are nutritionally dense and packed with various health benefits. All the nutrition can prevent or decrease chronic health diseases. One of the chronic-disease-reducing ingredients this salad contains is kale which can help protect against is cancer. Its all thanks to the vitamin K; it is responsible for many bodily functions and protecting against various cancers. But kale is also dense in calcium, it actually contains more calcium than milk. This nutrient is important for the preventing osteoporosis, bone loss, and maintaining a healthy metabolism. Broccoli and brussel sprouts build your collageen, provide your body with antioxidants and protect the body from the damage of free radicals, all due to the high vitamin C content. Enjoy this salad that does only good to your body!
- 2-3 stems of green kale
- Small head of green broccoli
- 9-10 brussel sprouts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 of green cabbage
You can make a small salad or a party size, the amount of ingredients listed makes a medium salad bowl. Use the same amount of each ingredient.
- Chop a small head of broccoli, add to a bowl.
- Remove the stems and chop the kale leaves, add to the broccoli.
- Chop 1/4 of green cabbage, add to the bowl.
- Slice brussel sprouts, add to the bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of dried cranberries and 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds to the bowl. Mix all together.