Here is something sweet for the holidays. It's a low calorie dessert, that will give you the sweet taste, but without the extra pounds. The ginger gives this sweet treat a refreshing taste. I like to make it an hour before serving, so the flavors marinade. This dessert is perfect for gluten-free, dairy-free and weight-watchers.
Sweet Fall Dessert Salad
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 mandarin, peel and separate slices
- 1 persimmon, chopped
- 1 banana, peel and sliced
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- Mince or finely chop fresh ginger, add with honey and water and whisk it up well.
- To a bowl add mandarin slices, chopped persimmon, banana slices, pomegranate seeds.
- Mix sweet ginger water with fruit.
- Garnish with fresh chopped mint.
*makes 2 serving