This is such a delicious salad. Nothing like you would except when looking at the ingredients. Raw sweet potatoes never tasted so good, seriously, the flavors come together so well you will forget about portion control. This salad recipe comes from Meghan Telpner's new cookbook The Undiet Cookbook, other than delicious and easy to follow recipes, you will find a great amount of useful nutritional information in her cookbook.
*I couldn't find arame seaweed the first time I made this salad and substituted it for wakame seaweed, which was just as good as with arame. You do have the option to order arame here.
- 1/2 cup dry arame seaweed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 green apple
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, (toasted)
Sweet Ginger Dressing
1/2 cup cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, flax oil or hemp
- 2 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1-2 Tablespoons grated ginger (more or less depending on your taste)
How to make Sweet Potato Salad
- Rinse 1/2 cup arame and soak it in 3/4 cup water ten minutes to soften. Set a side.
- Grate 1 large sweet potato, cut 1 green apple into matchstick-cut, slice 1 celery stalk add together.
- Discard water from seaweed and add the seaweed to sweet potato along with 1/4 cup sesame seeds.
- Sweet Ginger Dressing: Whisk together 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, 3 Tablespoons Tamari or coconut aminos, 3 Tablespoons oil, 2 Tablespoons honey or syrup, 2 Tablespoons grated ginger.
- Mix dressing to salad and enjoy!