My husband and I came back from Toronto recently, which is where we met ten years ago. It was a great trip, and we got lucky with beautiful fall weather. No rain. In December, we will be celebrating our ten year wedding anniversary, wow ten years! Do you ever feel like when you are on vacation you forget to eat healthy? That usually happens to me, and when I come home, the only thing I want to eat is veggies, and this is how this tuna salad recipe was born; I needed something quick, light and healthy to get me back on track and energized for my daily life. I loved this avocado dressing, at first wasn't sure where to add the avocado, but on my third attempt this was the best way. Avocado dressing is creamy and has a slightly sweet taste to it.
Tuna Salad with Avocado Dressing
- 1 12oz tuna in spring water
- 1 green onion stem, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 napa cabbage leaves (romaine will work too)
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- a pinch of sea salt
- Place tuna with water into a bowl. Mix with chopped green onion and 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley and 1/2 teaspoon salt. (makes fours cups)
- Divide tuna mix between 4 napa leaves.
- Drizzle avocado dressing.
- Avocado dressing: In a blender, combine the avocado oil, honey, avocado, garlic, juice from lemon, orange juice, and a pinch of salt. Puree until smooth. Makes one cup.