I love zucchini all year round and today I am super exited to share with you my easy Zucchini Spread! Because it is chilly outside, I love to have it warm but it could be served cold, whichever you prefer. Taking a look at the nutrition in zucchini, it’s really nice to see that it contains only 33 calories! Zucchini benefits the eyes and digestive system. Garlic is very good to eat this time of year so if you add in more than what the recipe calls for, it will only benefit you. Garlic fights sickness like the common cold, boosts immune system and promotes heart health. Although there is a very small amount of parsley, this herb is packed with iron and antioxidants and can keep your gums and teeth healthy. Hope you enjoy this yummy recipe!
- 1 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots (if small carrots use 3)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons of ketchup
- small handful of fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Chop 1 onion as thin as possible. Sauté chopped onion in a pan with 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, until the onion becomes soft.
- Grate 2 carrots on a thin size grater. Sauté with onion for 5 minutes on low medium. Add a pinch of salt.
- Grate zucchini, using the same size grater as the carrot. Add to the pan with onion and carrot. On medium-low sauté for 15 minutes.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of ketchup, minced 2 cloves of garlic and chopped fresh parsley. Cook all together for 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Zucchini spread can be served warm or cold. Enjoy!