Are you a zucchini fan? It seems like everyone is this time of year. It' zucchini season so enjoy it while it lasts. I am pretty sure you will love these zucchini pizza bite. You just need a few simple ingredients and 6 minutes in the oven. If you are watching your portion control then this is a great recipe for you. And if you are craving pizza, this will for sure satisfy your cravings in a healthy way.
Besides the fact that this recipe is low calorie, some more reasons this recipe should be the next you make:
- Zucchini supports nervous system
- Zucchini contains many phytonutrients that all support eye health (vitamin C, beta carotene, maganese, lutein and zeaxanthin)
- Tomatoes pack in lots of vitamin A which supports hair and makes it strong and shiny
- Dill aids in digestion and improves appetite
- 1 zucchini
- 4 small tomatoes
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 stem fresh dill (optional)
- Turn on the oven to broil- hi.
- Slice zucchini, about 1/4 inch. spread zucchini on a baking sheet.
- Spread marinara sauce on each zucchini slice.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the sauce, leave half for the top of the tomato.
- Slice 4 small tomatoes and place 1 slice on each zucchini.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the tomato.
- Broil for 6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Take zucchini pizza bites out of the oven, sprinkle with fresh chopped dill and enjoy!