Clean eating refers to eating lifestyle in which you eat fresh and hygienic food prepared from clean ingredients. When you create a habit of eating clean, then it not only work only as a diet but also acts as a booster to your body by increasing you energy and enhancing your immune system. Clean eating principles are simple and their main emphasis is on nutrition. You can eat clean food only if it is prepared fresh and clean. Generally, clean eating recipes take up to an hour or less than an hour for preparation and are prepared from green vegetables.
“Clean eating” move has been started by the impact of 1960’s “natural health food” which then rejected the processed foods. The rejection was not due to the health issues but for the moral values of people. This time clean eating is mainly started from the gyms where the body builders and the models follow a menu of clean food for their good stamina as well as body shape. From there it became popular among other people as it has ample number of health benefits.
The main principles of clean eating are:
- Choose the natural food to eliminate or minimize the use of processed food because the food you eat should be fresh which is not possible in the case of processed food.
- Cut the amount of calories by avoiding the coffee and the soft drinks which make you consume 400-500 calories a day. It can be replaced by simple water, pure fruit juice or low fat milk.
- Make sure that you are including carbohydrates, proteins as well as fat in every time’s meal. Almost we do fine with the two other than proteins. When we take proteins in sufficient amount throughout the day, we feel full for long and hence, it helps to control our appetite
- Always try to use unrefined food as compared to refined one.
- Try to have 5-6 meals a day out of which three should be main meals and the other two or three can be snacks. With eating this way, you will neither be overeaten nor skip your meal.
- You should move your body doing some physical efforts. It is necessary for keeping your body in the tone, helps to burn more energy, reduce fat and make your heart, lungs and bones stronger.
- Be sure that you are not taking fat, salt or sugar in excess. It can be easily done by giving preference to natural food over processed food because the former one contains low amount of these.
Benefits of eating clean food
- There are number of goods of clean eating. Some of them are:
- If you are having complete and natural diet, you will feel more energetic throughout the day.
- Your blood sugar is regulated by eating clean food and fatigue is also controlled and on the contrary they are not possible to control if you are taking processed and refined food.
- Eating clean reduces the risk of heart, lungs and brains problems along with making them to function well.
Healthy Diet Benefits for Fitness and Active Lifestyle
There is often a notion that healthy diet is only meant for weight loss or body building programs alone. This is not the comprehensive outlook into the matter. Healthy eating habits are important for every individual independent of lifestyle patterns, physical activities and other factors. Focusing on the broader aspect of maintaining fitness and problem free living, here are some beneficial aspects of assorting to eating healthier and nutritious food.
Lower Risk of Cardiac Diseases
Major consequences of unhealthy fast food consumption are weight gain, high cholesterol and triglyceride secretion. Over a prolonged period, they lead to rigid plaque formation in the arteries that block the proper flow of blood and hormones causing many cardiac diseases. The soluble fiber and healthy fat from foods like avocados, nuts, cereals, olive oil and fishes help to eliminate the cholesterol and plaque slowly to keep your heart healthy.
Regulated Metabolism and Digestive System Functioning
The most strenuous impact of eating a balanced diet comprising of proportionate macronutrients (protein, fats and carbohydrates), vitamins and minerals loaded with adequate fiber content helps to regulate the normal functioning of the metabolism in the body. Reduced basal metabolic rate (BMR) is one of the major causes of rapid weight gain. If you are losing weight, healthy diet plans can be beneficial in slowing boosting the metabolism process in the body to restore the normal functioning. This is also very important for the proper functioning of your digestive system.
Proper Hormone and Enzyme Secretion
The body requires adequate nutrition mainly essential vitamins and minerals for the production and regulation of hormone and enzymes in the body. They are responsible for combating microorganisms and diseases entering the body system; maintain high-end immunity, growth and repair of the tissues, and proper functioning of the organs. When you take vitamins and minerals enriched foods in proper quantity every day, these micronutrients help in the development of hormonal glands and proper secretion.
Balance Blood Sugar Levels
The refined foods, soda, sweets and other sugary eatables are very high in glucose content. Too much of sugar concentration in the body over the time resists the normal secretion of insulin in the body that is responsible for eliminating the excess glucose in the blood. Fiber rich grains such as brown rice, whole wheat bread, oats and other cereals lower the release of carbohydrates into the blood stream to balance the normal sugar levels.
Protection against Premature Aging
The body needs the proper supply of antioxidants to prevent cell damage that causes premature aging. Antioxidants in fruits, honey and leafy vegetables stop the production of free radicals that cause cell damage. This helps to keep you skin free from wrinkle formation, patchy marks, and other signs of aging retaining the younger look for years.
Healthy eating is not about compromising the taste of your regular diet. You will find several yummy recipes that perfectly compliment the healthy diet for weight loss and glowing skin. The transitional switch from unhealthy snacking and fast food consumption to adopting a balanced diet plan takes in some easy efforts and self-driven motivation.