Lower the calories from a traditional chicken noodle soup, by substituting the noodles to avocado. You will still have a great chicken soup flavor, but with a gluten-free and low calorie soup. Plus, avocados are great for you!
Avocado Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 pound boneless-skinless chicken thighs, cut fat off
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 large yukon potatoes, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Fresh dill, chopped (optional)
- Boil 1 pound of chicken thighs with 1 teaspoon salt in 6 cups water. 30 minutes.
- Drain water from chicken into a bowl, set a side.
- In the same pot, heat up 2 Tablespoons olive oil.
- Add chopped onion, carrots, celery. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add minced garlic, chopped tomato and chopped potato. Add water from chicken back to the pot.
- On medium heat boil vegetables until potato is soft.
- Shred chicken thighs and add to the pot. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped avocado to each bowl and garnish with dill before serving.