Like all meat, filet mignon is high in protein. You don't have to get your protein from meat, but without enough protein, your body begins to break down the tissues. I don't eat much beef, just because I don't like the texture of it, unless it's filet mignon. I find that it is very tender, its juicy and cooks faster than most other beef options. This beef and vegetable soup is a great option for a dinner, especially when you have things to do around the house. It doesn't take much time to add all the ingredients into the pot.
One- Pot Beef and Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 lbs filet mignon, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 4 yukon potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Heat up olive oil in a pot.
- Add beef and a teaspoon of salt and pepper. Sauté for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/2 onion, sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrots. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in 2 Tablespoons tomato paste.
- Add in 6 cups water.
- Turn heat on lowest.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cook for one hour.
- Stir in 1 Tablespoon fresh dill.