I just love soups that are filling, low calorie and full of nutrients! Braised Chicken with Potato is all that! It’s been a family favorite recipe and I make it all the time. Just one serving of this soup will provide you with a good source of vitamin C, and will naturally boost energy levels due to the carbohydrates and potassium in potatoes. Soup boosts your immunity as a result of the chicken which prevents inflammation during common infections. Overall, soup packs in great nutrients in the fresh vegetables and can be slimming. So adding more soups into a diet will only benefit!
- 4 medium potatoes ( I like the yellow kind)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 peeled and grated carrot
- 1 Tablespoon of unsalted butter
- Cut Chicken pieces, could mix breasts and thighs with bones or boneless
- 1 Tablespoon of tomato paste
- In a iron cast pot, ( you don’t have one just a pot will work too) melt 1 Tablespoon of butter
- Put Chicken pieces in pot, sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- On medium high heat sear chicken pieces, just until the outside of chicken is browned up
- Take out the chicken and add in the potato to the pot, sear just until it’s browned up
- Add Chicken back to the pot with potatoes
- Add in chopped onion, sear for 2 mins stirring
- Add in grated carrot, and stir in a tablespoon of tomato paste
- Fill pot with water, just enough to cover the potato and chicken
- Put on lowest heat, salt and pepper to taste and close the lid
- Braise for 30-45 mins, until potato is soft.
- Better to serve right away, enjoy!