It has been a while since I posted a soup recipe. It is not because I haven't been cooking soups ( I cook soups at-least twice a week), but mainly because I have been experiencing with soups and didn't want to post something I wouldn't make again. This chicken, rice and vegetable soup my whole family enjoyed, even on a hot summer day. It has a good amount of vegetables and protein but is really light in flavor.
Chicken, Rice and Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 8 cups water
- 1 lb skinless-boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite size
- 5 medium yukon potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 small broccoli head, chopped into bite size
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- ground black pepper
- fresh dill for garnish, chopped
- In a medium size soup pot, bring 8 cups of water to a boil.
- Add in 1 teaspoon salt, chicken and potatoes, cook on medium heat until potatoes are soft.
- In a skillet, heat up 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Add in onion; sauté for 3 minutes or until onion starts to get soft.
- Add carrots to the onion and cook for another minute. Set a side.
- When potatoes and meat is cooked, add the onion and carrots the soup pot. Along with broccoli and cooked rice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring all to boil, turn off heat.
- Garnish with fresh dill.