Halibut soup is light and filling. It is made from halibut, water and vegetables. Although you can use other kind of fish, I think halibut is a better choice because of the light texture it has. This soup also great if anyone is sick, instead of the regular chicken noodle soup, this halibut soup is filled with immune boosting ingredients and light on the stomach. Halibut is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. Your body needs fatty acids to function well. In addition, halibut also provides vitamin A, B vitamins, calcium, iron and zinc.
Fish Soup Recipe
- 6 cups of water
- 1 yellow onion, cut into big chunks
- 1 Tablespoon of salt
- 1 lb of any kind of fish pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb halibut, skin off and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 dry bay leaf
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Fish Bullion- Add water, onion, salt and 1 lb fish pieces to a large pot. The fish pieces could be any part of the fish, you will throw it away later. Boil on medium-low for 30 minutes. Strain water into a clean soup pot. Throw away onion and cooked fish.
- Bring fish water to a boil, add potatoes and carrots. On medium heat boil for 10 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, halibut and 1 bay leaf. Continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with dill.
- Turn heat off. Enjoy.