I enjoy warm soups all year long. But the best time to make them is during cold days when you just want to turn on the heat higher and wear fuzzy socks. Want to know what's so awesome? The fact that not just the individual ingredients benefit our bodies but the soup as a whole is good for our body! Soup provides a great source of nutrients and it's low in fat. A dish of some delicious soup fills you up quick! It's a good meal when wanting to eat less calories.
Now for the main ingredient, garbanzo beans! These unique beans pack in protein and fiber but they are also valuable for blood sugar regulation. The potatoes add to the list of health benefits by reducing the chance of overeating and supplying you with 30% of your daily amount of vitamin C. I'm off to make some more soup, enjoy!
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound chicken thighs (or ground chicken)
- 1/4 cup of rice
- 1 large egg
- 4 yukon potatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can 14oz organic garbanzo beans
- 1 stem fresh dill
- black ground pepper
- Cook 1/4 cup of rice, drain.
- Mix 1 pound ground chicken (i grind chicken thighs), 1 large egg, cooked rice, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Fill a large pot with 4 cups of water, bring to a boil.
- Make balls from chicken mix and drop to boiling water. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Peel and cut into smaller pieces 4 potatoes.
- Take chicken meatballs out to a pan.
- Strain water from chicken into a clean pot. Add potatoes into the water from chicken and boil till soft.
- Meanwhile, add 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil to the pan with meatballs.
- Chop 1 onion and grate 1 medium carrot. Add to the pan with meatballs.
- Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add meatballs to cooked potatoes.
- Add drained 14 oz garbanzo beans to the pot.
- Add fresh chopped dill.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring all to a boil. Enjoy.